|Administrator permissions are required to make these settings.|
For each repository, you can set permissions for different groups. Permission groups are not the same thing as groups that have access to a repository, which means you must add permissions groups for repositories on your server in 2c8 Modeling Tool. The groups created in 2c8 Portal are available to add permissions to. Read more about how you create groups in 2c8 Portal in this FAQ:
To put it briefly, permission groups are used for access control of models and objects which belongs to the different groups. To add a permission group in a repository, you need to do the following:
- Log in to the server and click on "Users and permissions".
- Unfold the tab "Groups".
- Click on the group you want to use as a permission group in a repository.
- Click on "Use as permission group".
- Check the repository where you want to use the group as a permission group.
- Click on the "check-mark" to save the changes.
|Note that a group that has access to a repository is not necessarily the same group you set permissions for. This means you can have permission groups in mind when creating the groups in 2c8 Portal. For example, you might want a group with a limited number of users with specific permissions and a bigger group of users with access to the repository.|