If you are working locally and therefore not storing your models on a server, it can be a good idea to create backups of your repositories.
|We do not recommend saving your local repositories on destinations where files are synced, such as Dropbox, OneDrive, or a shared disc.|
Create a backup:
- Click on the tab "Local" in 2c8 Modeling Tool.
- Click on "Tools" - "Backup repositories..." in the menu.
- Select the repositories you want to create a backup of.
- Click on "Create backup"
- Choose the name of the file and where to save it.
You can, when needed, restore a backup by doing the following:
Restore a backup:
- Click on the tab "Local"
- Choose "Tools" - "Restore repositories".
- Find the backup file you previously created and choose "Open".
- Make sure the repositories you want to restore are selected.
- Click on "Restore".
This will restore your local repositories, and you can find them under the tab "Local".
|Note that if the repository you are trying to restore already exists in 2c8 Modeling Tool, this will be overwritten by the backup file. If you want to avoid overwriting an existing repository, make sure you change the name of the repository you wish to restore.|